The Hong Kong Simulation Alliance is a multi-sector and multi-disciplinary alliance which serves to promote the use of simulation as a tool for learning and assessment amongst healthcare professionals and students. The ultimate objective is to improve patient care and safety.
The Alliance will act as a platform on which to advance, inspire, coordinate and expand simulation based healthcare education.
The consensus statement of the Simulation Alliance was signed at the opening ceremony of the ILCM on 10 December 2013.
Common goals of the Alliance include:
- Establishment of a common language, standard and approach to simulation based healthcare education.
- Sharing of knowledge, education resources, experiences and expertise for simulation training.
- Development of faculty for simulation training.
- Further development in the different forms of healthcare simulation.
- Research in healthcare simulation.